Have an account?

Friday, November 26, 2010

Song of the Week #1: Gust Of... by The Album Leaf



By:
Matt Gallagher

Music plays a major role in my life. It accentuates feelings and builds emotions. It alters moods and provides the soundtrack to the soul.


Music is a pivotal part of my life, to say the least. So my goal is going to be to post, weekly, a track that has moved or affected me in some way. I'd like to stick to tracks that evoke feelings of setting and atmosphere, not just something I heard and really dug. Thats not what this is.

Like I said my goal is a song a week, at least. I may end up posting multiples, but I'll try for at least one.

Entry I: Gust Of... by The Album Leaf


What interests me most about this track is the constant high pitched drone that never lays up. Its reminiscent of "room noise": the ambient sound a room houses when no other sounds are present. It also reminds me of the tonal highs of circuitry. The sound made when passing current through a resistor. The sound is haunting and unsettling yet it is clashed with a beautiful guitar medley. I'm never quite sure what to make of it, yet it leaves deep emotions that resonate the more the track is played.


Thank you for listening,
Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment