Have an account?

Friday, October 22, 2010

Truth

By:
Dillon Wheeler

Im so beaten,
but continue to fight,
all that I want,
is one more night.

Maybe its wrong,
Maybe right,
but either way
it all ends tonight.

Things are changing,
and despite my best efforts,
I don't have the power to stop it.

Thats what is hard,
I feel like I failed in some way,
I feel like your slipping away.

All I can do is just keep thinking,
about what could have been,
but eventually I snap back to reality,
and I realise what is.

And reality is,
I am the man in the dark,
kept there,
but in truth,
I like it.

I am nothing,
A mere puppet of fate,
A man who knows free will,
but has escaped his grasp.

I have no power,
No control,
What is and what will be,
Is not decided by me.

My struggle is fruitless,
My plight is pointless,
And my fight is finished.

I fought while I could still fight,
It's like im suffocating,
fading into the darkness.

I've become what I can't be.
Falling into madness,
Descending into hell,
Suffering,
Drowning in the depths of pain,
But I love it.

I am a prophet of truth,
A harbinger of what is real,
And whats real is hopelessness.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel,
Hope only exists in fairytales,
There is only pain.

I have learned to accept my fate,
because it is all I'll ever know.
I am now an emissary of pain,
An ambassador of anger,
And its time darlin',
Are you ready to go?

0 comments:

Post a Comment