Have an account?

Friday, October 22, 2010

My Enemy

By:
Dillon Wheeler

A Revelation of sorts.

I was so indoctrinated,
You almost caught me.
I was in a catatonic state,
Completely helpless,
But now I am back,
And I can breathe.

Your influence is astonishing,
You can convince them,
Inspire them,
Then break them with relative ease.

You can crush a man's soul,
Break his will,
Destroy him completely,
But you will never take his heart.

My mind was shattered,
my freedom was gone.
I never noticed that for so long,
It was all one big con.

But I broke the barrier around my mind,
And never again will i be my former self.
I did not say it would be easy,
But I will not be left behind.

I walk around,
surrounded by mindless drones,
The lies,
Deception,
No longer escape me.
Because I broke free,
And I can see you for what you are,
My enemy.

I'm now in control,
Fighting the power,
Hurt but still have hope,
For you will not devour me.

Im in a state of emergency,
Theres no doubt,
Outmatched and outclassed,
None of it matters,
As you will fall,
And I am myself again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment