Have an account?

Friday, December 10, 2010

Song of the Week #3: Faunts - Meno Mony Falls

By:
Matt Gallagher


Meno Mony Falls is one of my favourite mood baring tracks. It always creates a sense of built up emotion. I love the way it starts simplistically and slowly builds into pure emotion. I can't quite pinpoint the very reason this track moves me the way it does though. It could be the out of place yet welcoming drum sequencer that seems too fast for the general tones of the track. Or the single note guitar slides that at times break into multiples but you never can quite tell. I think atmospheric ambiguity is a good way to describe the track, given it cant quite be described as housing one emotion or nuance, but many. It feels like a backing track to the rawest of emotions; a backdrop of atmospheric tones.

I hope you like it as much as i do:

video uploaded by: X9SamFisher


Thanks for listening,
Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment