Have an account?

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blog Post of the Week #3: New Years!

     Well since it is new years day today, I thought the main written post for this week would be appropriate if it were related to new years, I will hold true on my promise I had made so long ago about the post on memory, so instead of posting once a week, this will be the first instalment of five separate posts! The others will be coming shortly. I am currently trying to decide if I should post one a day, all at once, or a few at a time. I don't know, but what I do know is that I will catch up on this and have them posted sometime this week. They won't be extremely long like the previous ones but they will be decent sized so that you will be able to read them in their entirety.

     Anyways, for the first post, I thought I would write a little reflection of my life. Since it is the start of a New Year, I would like to write something major that I can remember from every year that I have been alive thus far.

The List of my Life:

1991 - The year I entered the world. Unknown and Unknowing.
1992 - The year I learned the most about the world.
1993 - The year I learned about relationships, with my newborn brother.
1994 - The year I learned more about life (and how to use the toilet).
1995 - This year I have no recollection of any significant events in my life though Im sure it was great!
1996 - The year I broke my Buzz Lightyear toy from Toy Story because I thought he could really fly (I threw him down the stairs while pressing the button that made him say "To infinity and beyond!"). To say the least, I cried after he broke.
1997 - The year I entered school and learned to write my name!
1998 - The year I realized how much I loved my Grandmother.
1999 - The year my Grandmother was taken from me. Also the year I met my best friend Nathan (and beat him up).
2000 - The year I thought would never come! (Y2K).
2001 - The year that made me a decade old, if I was a computer I would be a dinosaur!
2002 - The first year I had a computer with the internet.
2003 - The year I entered middle school, also the year my best friend moved to another province.
2004 - The year my life became consumed by a game called Tibia as it was my connection with Nathan.
2005 - The year I became friends with one of my best friends, Matt. (though we met the year prior, we weren't friends at the time)
2006 - The last year I would be in middle school and would be leaving with a large group of friends.
2007 - The year I entered High School and the year one of my closest cousins was killed.
2008 - The year I entered the year horribly because of my cousins death but then my best friend Nathan moved back to the city.
2009 - The last year of high school, the year my best friend Nathan left once more.
2010 - The year I entered extremely confused about what I would do with my life after High School also, Nathan made a comeback once again.
2011 - I now enter this year starting the second half of my first year in university, and I enter with a different outlook on life as this will be the year I enter the second decade of my life. If I were a car I would now be an old war-wagon (or an antique).

     Well there you have it, not too short, not too long, just right! There have been some ups and some downs, but that's life and this is my little retrospection on the life of Dillon Wheeler. Happy New Years! 2011 all the way! To infinity and beyond!

Thanks,
Dillon Wheeler

0 comments:

Post a Comment